Wall-/Ceiling-mount Access Point suitable for Small-to-Medium Business (SMB) deployments.
- Easy to manage with D-Link’s free centralized management software-based solution, Nuclias Connect
- Transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band allow for faster downloads and instant communication
- Supports Power over Ethernet (802.3af) for simpler installation with less cable clutter
- Simple, clean-line design, ideal for subtle visibility when wall mounted (mounting hardware included)
- Supports up to 8 VLANs for enhanced network management and multiple SSID setups
- Supports WPA2™ - WiFi security for more protection
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN port for backhaul to the wired network
- Supports multiple AP modes to ensure performance optimization based on your network’s needs
- MAC Address Filtering and WLAN Partitioning ensure ultimate control of your network’s access
- Works as a standalone AP or as part of a centralized, scalable multi-device deployment
Free Nuclias Connect Remote Centralized Management Software
D-Link’s Nuclias Connect is a centralized management and analytics solution that brings convenience, control, customizability and cost-effective scaling to SMB (small-medium-sized business) networks. It enables network monitoring, management, and device configuration through a single, easy-to-use software interface.
What’s more – it’s free to download and there are no licensing or support fees. Easily manage your network, anytime, anywhere.
Multi-Mode Makes the Most of your Network Capabilities
In order to achieve optimal network performance, the DAP-2230 has several operational modes tailored to best fit the individual needs of your network. Access Point, Wireless Client, WDS (Wireless Distribution System), and WDS with Access Point modes allow for flexible, customizable deployment whatever your requirements.
Take a Load Off and Let Your AP do the Hard Work
The DAP-2230’s Load Balancing feature spreads the work load between two or more Access Points to get optimal resource utilization, throughput and response time, while Airtime Fairness helps distribute equal amounts of air time to each connected client. The result is a steady, consistent connection for each user – the perfect balancing act.
Expand your Network with
Budget in Mind
Nuclias Connect’s evolving software-based management capabilities allow you to invest in the DAP-2230 confident that as your business growth expands, your network will, too. Manage up to 1000 Access Points from a single central location, wherever you are, whenever you want.
Peak Performance and Discreet Deployment with Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The DAP-2230’s Power over Ethernet function allows for easy installation and a simple, clean setup. No need to run extra power lines, no added hassle when configuring your hardwiring and no more cable clutter. Perfect for advanced installations in areas where power outlets are not readily available.
Make Every Second Count with Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
The DAP-2230 not only delivers reliable wireless performance with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band, but, Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM™) support enhances your network’s Quality of Service (QoS) by cleverly prioritizing different types of traffic. With the use of QoS, WMM ensures that applications such as, audio, video and voice, that require better throughput and more performance are placed in order of high-to-low priority for an all-round smoother, uninterrupted Wi-Fi experience.
Complete Control over your Network’s Access
Complete control comes as standard with the DAP-2230. Combined with the Nuclias Connect Software, a variety of the latest in network security and management tools are at your fingertips. You can rest assured that the best of the best are hard at work keeping your network protected and hitch free.
Supports WPA2™ - WiFi security for more protection
RADIUSEliminate shared passwords with unique credentials for each employee
Customizable Captive PortalSeparate guest and employee access
- MAC Filtering – Limit what devices can connect
- Rogue AP Detection – Guard against unauthorized Access Point installation
- Wireless LAN Segmentation – Better bandwidth utilization
- Wireless Isolation – Limit what users access on the local network
- Wireless Broadcast Scheduling – Automate when your network is available
- SSID Broadcast Disabling – Hide your wireless for an extra layer of security
Big Things Start Small
Networks big or small all have to start somewhere, with devices sometimes having to take on duties that would not normally be expected of them. For the DAP-2230 that is not a problem since its stand-alone capabilities mean it can take on multiple roles effortlessly. It can be deployed within a small office or classrooms, for example, to create or expand the capacity of a wireless network.