5-bay DiskStation (up to 15-bay), Quad Core 2.0 GHz (turbo to 2.7 GHz), 8GB RAM, Built-in two M.2 NVMe SSD slots
Streamline your data management
Scalable NAS with SSD cache acceleration capability
Synology DiskStation DS1520+ is an ideal network-attached storage solution suitable for small office and IT enthusiasts. Two built-in M.2 SSD slots and Synology SSD Cache technology allow you to boost system I/O and application performance. The scalable storage design of DS1520+ lets you start small and expand storage capacity with Synology DX517 as your data grows.
- CPU 4-core 2.0 GHz, burst up to 2.7 GHz
- Cache Acceleration 2x built-in M.2 2280 NVMe SSD slots
- Performance Average 19.8% boost to computing-intensive applications¹
- Scalability Expand up to 15 drives with a DX517 expansion unit
Optimize performance and capacity
DS1520+ provides two built-in M.2 SSD slots so that you can take full advantage of Synology SSD Cache functionality. Add SSD cache for up to 20 times faster I/O response without using front drive bays. You can add 10 more drives with two Synology DX517 to expand storage capacity.\
Accelerate demanding applications
A more powerful CPU speeds up computing-intensive applications. The new 4-core processor boosts photo indexing, database response times, and web PHP response efficiency. Easily categorize your photo memories, smoothly manage files across computers and mobile devices, and enjoy blazing fast web applications.
Ultimate file management and sharing
File Station is a web-based, fast and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operations without requiring any complex setup on Mac or PC. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and file sharing. For complete compatibility, DS620slim supports the following protocols: AFP, FTP, iSCSI, NFS, SMB, and WebDAV.
Synology Drive - 13.8% faster in file indexing
- Moments - 25.9% faster in photo indexing
- Web Server - 126% faster in PHP indexing
Access and sync your files seamlessly
Synology Drive provides a built-in universal portal to access your data anytime and anywhere, and synchronize all your files across platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Learn more
- Sync files on demand: Save the storage space and network bandwidth of your PC.
- Go back in time: Easily retrieve previous versions of your shared files.
- Back up your data: Protect your files as scheduled or in real-time.
Real-time collaboration on your private cloud
- Real-time collaboration on the same online documents to boost productivity,
- Instant communication on Synology Chat during the editing of documents or spreadsheets
- Version control for you to navigate all the changes and retrieve previous versions with just a click
¹Performance figures are based on the average percentage improvement of DS1520+ relative to its predecessor, as tested at Synology labs. Test items include file indexing in Synology Drive and photo indexing in Moments.