6-bay DiskStation (up to 16-bay), Quad Core 2.1 GHz, 4GB RAM (up to 32GB), 10GbE NIC & M.2 SATA SSD support (optional)
Designed for small- and medium-sized businesses
High-performance Scalable Storage Server
Synology DS1618+ is a 6-bay network attached storage solution with great performance and scalability. DS1618+ supports up to 16 drives with two Synology DX5173 expansion units, allowing you to start small and easily scale up on demand. In addition to 10GbE add-on card, which can upgrade the network capacity of DS1618+, the PCle slot also supports the optional SATA M.2 SSD adapter card to function as SSD cache for greatly enhancing storage performance without using the 3.5" drive bays.
- CPU Quad-core 2.1 GHz
- RAM 4GB DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM, expandable up to 32 GB
- Performance Up to 1,151 MBps sequential reading performance
- Scalability Expand up to 16 drives with a DX517 expansion unit
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS1618+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Built-in data integrity check detects data and file system corruption with data and meta-data checksums and improves the overall stability.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Cross-platform File Sharing
DSM, the operating system running on all Synology NAS, provides fast and secure ways to share your critical digital assets. Synology Drive unifies multiple file portals on Synology NAS and greatly simplifies data management. You can share files to anyone, and customize access permissions for optimal security. Synology Drive makes it easy to share files across multiple platforms — whether it's Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® computers or mobile devices.
Ultimate Backup Solution
Cloud Station Backup safeguards your PC, Mac, and other desktop devices. DS1019+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly backup your Mac to Synology NAS.
Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or a public cloud service to ensure data safety.
Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for VMware virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers. Fast and reliable recovery options ensure that the running services, VMs, and files can be recovered instantly.
Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premise backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
Effortless Virtualization Environment
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds unlimited capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS1618+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Synology High Availability Manager ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers with minimal impact to applications, preventing unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.
- Optional 5-year warranty4 is available in select regions.