6 bay DiskStation (up to 30-bay), Dual Core 2.2 GHz (turbo to 2.6 GHz), 8GB RAM (up to 32GB), 10GbE NIC & M.2 SATA SSD support (optional)
Reliable and powerful network attached storage solution for
small and medium businesses
Synology DiskStation DS3018xs provides a reliable and powerful network attached storage solution for small and medium businesses. As the storage can be supercharged with the optional M.2 SSD adapter card for dual SSD as cache, it is the ideal solution for simplifying data management and planning virtualization
- CPU Dual-core 2.2 GHz
Memory 8 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM, up to 32 GB
- Performance Over 2,231 MB/s sequential reading and 265,000 sequential IOPS reading
- Scalability Up to 30 drives with two DX1215 expansion units
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
DS1618+ introduces the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3018xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3018xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages
- With Synology Office, Calendar and Chat, the powerful Collaboration Suite allows secure and efficient private communications as well as content organization that your business can easily manage and control.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Synology High Availability Manager ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers with minimal impact to applications, preventing unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.
- Optional 5-year warranty4 is available in select regions.