12-bay FlashStation, Dual Core 2.2 GHz (turbo to 2.6GHz), 8GB RAM (up to 32GB), 10GbE NIC & M.2 SATA SSD support (optional)
Designed for low-latency performance even in I/O-intensive environments
Extraordinary Performance, Compact in Size
Designed for desktop usage, Synology FS1018 is a highly capable and expandable NAS built to support Synology’s latest business applications. The Four Gigabit LAN ports can be expanded with higher performance options with the PCIe 3.0 x8 slot, providing over 40K 4K Random Write IOPS.
- CPU Dual-core 2.2 GHz
Memory 8GB DDR4 ECC RAM, up to 32GB
- Ultra Performance 40K 4K Random Write IOPS
- Scalability Up to 288TB cold storage with DX1215 Expansion Units
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
FS1018 integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control over all user accounts and shared folders.
- Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups in a minimum 5-minute interval without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
- File or folder level data restoration brings huge conveniences and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- File self-healing: Btrfs file system can auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Synology’s Virtual Machine Manager adds unlimited capabilities to your NAS. Set up and run various virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM so that you can test new software versions in a sandbox environment, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your DS1618+ with reduced hardware deployment and maintenance costs.
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with a simple management interface. VMware vSphere™ 6.5 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rates, while OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS3018xs comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale businesses:
- Windows® AD and LDAP support allows easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS3018xs to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages
- With Synology Office, Calendar and Chat, the powerful Collaboration Suite allows secure and efficient private communications as well as content organization that your business can easily manage and control.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Synology High Availability Manager ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers with minimal impact to applications, preventing unexpected interruptions and costly downtime.
- Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- High reliability system design including fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technology, preventing single points of failure.
- Optional 5-year warranty4 is available in select regions.