Create a dual high definition video workstation — or connect a single 2K monitor — with the Universal USB 3.0 DV Docking Station. It delivers integrated power and charging, and it’s designed to support multiple host platforms and brands for a broad range of compatibility with peripherals and devices. With five USB 3.0 ports (including one that’s high-powered for charging devices and one that’s Type-C), plus an Audio In/Out port for speakers, mics, or earphones, it’s easy to customize your workstation. The integrated Gigabit Ethernet connection is more secure and faster than most WiFi connections. Charging tips are included for compatibility with most major laptop brands, and they’re all neatly stored within a removable compartment in the dock. Its stacked ports and compact size make it perfect for tight spaces and its wedge shape design support “zero desk space“ applications while enabling more cooling air for the host.
- Connection Technology - USB3.0
- Host Port Compatibility - USB-A
- Works With - Windows, Mac, Android, Chrome, Linux, Ubuntu
- Ethernet - Yes
- Max Host Power - 90W
- Output Voltages - 20V
- Power Source - Wall
- HDMI - 1
- DisplayPort - None
- Mini Display Port - None
- VGA - None
- DVI-D - None
- DVI-I - 1
- USB-A Port - 4
- Fast Charging Port - 1
- USBC / USB3.2 G2 - 1
- Thunderbolt - None
- Audio - 1x Audio In/Out Port
- Lock Slot Compatibility - Kensington® T-Bar™
- Colour - Black/Grey
- Dimensions - 21 x 12.3 x 5.4 cm
- Weight - 639g
- Warranty - Limited 3-Year Warranty
- TAA Compliant - Yes
Boost productivity by adding up to two monitors to your workstation. With two, or even three displays (if you include your laptop screen), connected to your docking station, it's faster and easier to switch between your spreadsheet and email or compare documents side-by-side.
Compact, sleek industrial design with metallic details make this dock a sure fit for shrinking desktops and tight spaces. Elements like stacked ports add functionality in a reduced footprint. The raised grooves on the non-slip, angled top surface create a comfortable typing angle for the laptop while offering passive cooling.
All About the Ports
Five USB 3.0 ports make it simple to add the latest keyboards, exterior drives, and other peripherals to customize the workspace experience. The dock also includes a powered USB 3.0 port for charging your smartphone, tablet, or other devices, and a USB 3.0 Type-C port.
Enterprise Software Suite: A Targus Exclusive
Enhance security and improve user experience with the Targus Enterprise Software Suite for DOCK171USZ.
- Wi-Fi Auto Switch: auto enables/disables Wi-Fi functionality when the dock’s Ethernet connection is active, reducing unnecessary network traffic and enabling faster connection speeds.
- MAC Address Cloning: auto replaces the MAC address of the connected Targus Ethernet network adapter with any (Wired Ethernet, Wireless Ethernet, Bluetooth) MAC address of the local host, supporting device-based authentication methods.
- Ghost Device Removal: purges older, latent Targus docking station devices from the local registry preventing registry bloat.
- Targus A/V Configuration Utility: restores audio configuration, icon, and first-level application window’s positions to external monitors when re-connecting to a previously used Targus docking station.