Narrow Carriage 24-Pin Flat-bed Dot Matrix Printer
Fast and reliable dot matrix printing with the Epson LQ-780N. Its robust nature and modern design fits comfortably into any environment.
Speed: up to 487cps (10cpi)
Prints up to 6-part forms
Platen gap functions
USB & LAN interface available
Ultra-Reliable Flatbed Printing
As a successor model from LQ-680Pro, the LQ-780 offers a high-performance advantage that modern offices are sure to appreciate : speed and connections. Both models comes with Parallel and USB port as standard. The expansion model LQ-780N is also equipped with an Ethernet port interface for network connectivity.
The LQ-780N offers a class-leading throughput and an amazing top speed of 487 cps (at 10 cpi in High-Speed Draft mode). What’s more, our new 24-pin Eco-Drive print head mechanism achieves this high level of productivity without running up your electric bill. And when a print job is finished, the improved auto power-saving function puts the printer in low-power sleep mode for even greater savings.
Built into Every Feature A 25% more compact flat-top housing makes the printer ideal for countertop and desktop use. The front sheet guide has also been redesigned – it now features a lower profile, a full-flat bottom and an L-shaped edge guide for smooth, easy front loading. When not in use, the front loading tray can be folded upwards into its storage position to further minimize desk space usage. In addition, improved front-in, front-out paper handling ensures that front-loaded cut-sheet paper and single-sheet, multi-part forms emerge right-side-up for instant legibility.
Reliability and Versatility
LQ-780 series printers' print head life and total print volume have been extended even beyond the level offered by the widely acclaimed Epson LQ-680Pro, and you can now get crisp, clear output on multi-part forms up to seven layers thick. Versatility is also excellent, with two-way paper handling that allows paper to be loaded from the front and rear.
Printer Status Monitoring and Settings
The LQ-780 series printer comes included with Epson Status Monitor 3 and Printer Setting Utility software that allows you monitor the status of the printer, alerts you of any printer error that occurs and provides troubleshooting instructions when needed. You can use Epson Status Monitor 3 to set monitoring preferences, monitor status of shared printers or make print adjustments directly from your PC.
The Auto Platen gap adjustment
With new automatic platen gap adjustment function, the LQ-780 series can automatically adjust the platen gap according to the thickness of paper used. This feature allows the LQ-780 series to print with clean and consistent print results without the need for manual input or adjustments by the users.
- Print Method: Impact dot matrix
- Control Panel: 4 Buttons and 6 LEDs
- Print Direction: Bi-directional with logic seeking
- Number of Pins in Head: 24 pins
- Control Code: ESC/P2, IBM-PPDS
- Mean Print Volume Between Failure (MVBF): 40 million lines (except print head)
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 20,000 Hrs POH (25% Duty)
- Printhead Life: 400 million strokes/wire
- Character Sets: 1 legal character set, 14 international character sets, 13 character code tables (Standard), Italic, and various character sets including PC437, PC850, PC860, PC861, PC863, PC865, Abicomp, and more.
- Bitmap Fonts: Various fonts including High-speed Draft, Script, OCR-B, Prestige, Draft, Courier, Roman, Sans Serif, and more.
- Scalable Fonts: Epson Roman, Epson Sans Serif, Epson Roman T, Epson Sans Serif H in various point sizes.
- EAN-13, EAN-8, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, Code 128, PostNet
- Manual Insertion: Front in, Front out
- Push Tractor: Rear in, Front out
- Various supported paper types with different width, length, and thickness specifications, including cut sheet, continuous paper, envelopes, labels, cards, and roll paper.
- 4.23mm (1/6”) or programmable in increments of 3.175mm (1/8”) or 0.0706mm (1/360”)
- Memory Buffer: 128 KB
- Multipart Copy Capability: 1 original + 6 copies
Supported OS and Applications:
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11
- Utility: Epson Status Monitor 3, Epson Setting Utility for Windows OS
Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 480 x 301.3 x 211 mm
- Weight: Approx. 6.7kg
- Ribbon Cartridge Black: 10 Million characters (at 10 cpi in the letter quality mode with 48 dots/character)
- Ribbon Cartridge (Black) - C13S015658
- Roll Paper Holder
Environmental Conditions (Operating):
- Rated Voltage: AC 220 - 240 V
- Rated Frequency: 50 - 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: Operating: Approx. 46W, Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.8W, Power Off: Approx. 0.1W
- Temperature: 5 - 35°C
- Humidity: 10 - 80% RH
- Acoustic Noise: 59 dB
- Standard: Bi-directional Parallel (IEEE 1284 Nibble mode support), USB 2.0 (Full Speed Mode), LAN (for N models only)
- High Speed Draft:
- 10/12cpi: 487 / 584 cps
- 15 cpi: 549 cps
- 12 cpi: 439 cps
- 10 cpi: 366 cps
- Letter Quality:
- 15 cpi: 181 cps
- 12 cpi: 145 cps
- 10 cpi: 121 cps
- (Condensed) 20 cpi: 242 cps
- (Condensed) 17 cpi: 207 cps